Saturday, February 11, 2012
Kutsinta or Brown sticky rice cake is another Filipino delicacy that is served during snack or merienda.
1 1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups water
1 1/2 tsp lye water
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients starting from the rice flour, all-purpose flour, and brown sugar then mix all the ingredients.
2. While mixing, add water gradually and continue to mix until all ingredients are completely distributed.
3. Add lye water then continue mixing.
4. Place the mixture into individual molds and steam for 40 minutes to an hour.
5. Serve with grated or shredder coconut on top.
Recipe derived from Panlasang pinoy